Saturday, August 7, 2010

Made it through a week of workouts

Our final structured workout was on Friday and we made it! I celebrated by going out and lounging at the lake today, although I did get in some cardio by swimming around the boat several times and treading water the whole time we were in the water. All in all, I feel great when I am working out, although getting up at that hour is a royal pain due to my nighttime work schedule.

On another note, I have decided not to attend the services. I just can't justify it in my mind. Its not me and although part of me wants to give them a chance, nothing they can do in those services is going to change my core belief structure. I will go to the final one as required, but otherwise I am going to respectfully abstain.

Notes on the diet portion of this journey. I am fully committed to altering my diet to get the amount of protein, fats, etc they would like me to have. What I am not fully committed to is the blood type diet they would like us to be on. It reeks of fad and there just aren't enough clinical trials or reviewed scientific evidence for me to feel comfortable doing it. We are going to go grocery shopping today and stock up on everything we need for the upcoming week to really get this accomplished. Below is my diet guideline. I have found some sources online re amounts of protein in veggies and nuts so that I don't have to do meat or protein powder at every meal. I will be lacking in some, but will make up for it in other meals. Not optimal, but the best I can do.

1) Have when u wake up
-.75 of a scoop of egg protein n water
- 1 small piece of fruit
-1/3 of a cup of oats (measure dry)
-1 tablespoon of almond butter

2) 3 hrs later
-3.5 oz's of protein (see your list for options
-.5 a cup of carbs (brown rice or 3 oz's of a sweet potato)

3) 4 oz's of lean protein
-large salad w fat free dressing

4)
-3.5 oz's of protein
-.5 a cup of carbs (25 grams)
Or a large piece of fruit

5)
-.75 scoop of protein n water
-1 medium piece of fruit
-.3 of a cup of oats or 1 rice cake

6)
-3.5 oz's of lean protein
-.5 a cup of brown rice
-1 cup of broccoli or 8 asparagus spears

1 gallon of water daily

No comments:

Post a Comment