Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Food Diary 2010 Style

I (like most normal people I know) despise tracking everything I eat everyday, so I normally just guess at my caloric intake. Unfortunately, I suck at getting it close to correct, so we have started tracking our food. Since we are paying for the nutrition component of this program we get to use this cool program called Vitabot. It is an internet based vitamin and calorie tracker and it is pretty cool. If I need more of something in my diet (say Potassium for example) it will make suggestions of what I should eat. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a way to just buy access to their internet based program, seems they only sell it to nutritionists and personal trainers. I'll keep on my quest though and maybe I can find it before the 6 weeks is over. So, yesterday Garrett and I both tracked our meals. It is damn hard for me to eat the 2064-2264 calories they are recommending I eat.The number is so high since I am still breastfeeding Max. (They want Garrett to eat 2900, so at least I'm not in his shoes.) As long as I keep losing weight, I'm not going to fight them on that, but it is very difficult to eat that much since normally I eat somewhere between 1500 - 1800. In any case, we will see how much weight we drop this week while adhering to this caloric intake and tracking what we eat. There is a screenshot of my day yesterday below. On the report card the 'up' arrows mean I got too much of something and the 'down' arrows mean I should have gotten more. As you can see I completely scrambled at the end to squeeze in calories, but at least I didn't go grab Taco Bell to do the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment