Sorry haven't posted, but its been a hectic few days around here with Max starting up his "school" and the end of the month.
Went to my first and probably only Saturday workout with the program group - Krav Maga. I have wanted to try this for years, so stashed the boy with his dad and went. Boy did it kick my ass! Great workout, but lots of hitting, kneeing, and moving. They would have us hit a pad for about 30 secs and then tell us to do 3 pushups and get back up again. Very cross training oriented, but loved it. Unfortunately, my arms suffered the rest of the weekend for it.
Then came Monday. They changed our workout again and this time its all arms. Isn't that great! My weekend workout kills my arms and then a day later, I am trying to do bench presses and push ups at our workout. Well, no one ever said having fabulous arms would be easy (although I secretly was hoping that was the case). Garrett suffered as well, so at least I'm not alone in my pain. I guess I wasn't grunting enough or something on the squat deadlifts of the kettle balls we were doing, as one of the trainers moved me up to the largest kettle ball for that exercise. Not that I don't like being a buff momma, but not sure I need bigger thighs after this experience, muscle or not! We shall see how tomorrow's workout treats us.
Regarding my weigh in on Friday, I think it was a fluke. I am still weighing less and less on the scale at our house, so I don't think I really gained weight. Now, I don't think I lost more than a pound, but at least I am still loosing. Most likely I did put on muscle weight, but at least I didn't put on 4lbs of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment