Well this morning was our first workout. Had to wake up around 4:45am which normally isn't a time that I even know exists. Granted, Max usually wakes up and crawls into our bed to breastfeed around 4am, but I don't usually stir till around 7am (looking around wondering how my boob got out of my shirt and into my son's mouth). Needless to say, Max was none to pleased about loosing out the majority of his morning feeding and then being dropped off at Grandma & Grandpas, but he is going to be 2 years old next Thursday, so I'm pretty sure he isn't going to suffer too much from the loss (at least not nutritionally). Had to drive around in the dark for a bit before we located Westlake Stadium where the workout room is. I know where the high school is, but I guess the stadium is behind that and for whatever reason, I thought it was across the street from the school. Oh well.
Today's workout was essentially a big learn-to-do-all-the-moves class, so I have a feeling it will run a little more smoothly next week. Still, I broke a sweat and managed not to hurt myself, so in my mind it was a success. Garrett almost fell over on one move, but luckily he didn't hurt himself either and I think he got a little better work out than I did. I was purposefully holding myself back as my personality is such that I will push myself to injury without a 2nd thought on the matter and injuring myself this early in the game won't do me much good towards becoming the 'biggest loser'.
The session was supposed to last from 6-7am, but since there were no clocks anywhere, I think it could have easily run to 8am if someone hadn't mentioned the time to the trainers. Again, I think this will be something that will smooth out in the upcoming weeks - and then it will be over. Not sore yet, although my legs did feel a little like jelly when we left around 7:30. I'll let everyone know how I feel tomorrow morning. :) Came home and made an egg scramble with onions, mushrooms, sausage, and cheese. Who knows how healthy that was, but it sure was tastey and I got in a serving or more of veggies, which is always a plus. Planning on a meal of crockpot tamales for supper (subsituting in Rotel and Jiffy corn muffin mix since I really don't feel that Jiffy's recipe can be improved upon) and maybe some salad and a sandwhich for lunch. We will see what our nutritionist has to say when I call him later this afternoon. I figure at least I didn't eat CocoKrispies for breakfast, so that has to count for something.
No comments:
Post a Comment